Live a Life of Purpose
Why is advisory a priority?
Bennett Day believes in personalized learning, but more importantly, we believe in personal learning. One-to-one human relationships are essential to learning, and we want to provide every Bennett Day student the mentorship to make the right personal choices for themselves.
Our philosophy and curriculum is rooted in Stanford’s Project Wayfinder, complete with a toolkit that draws upon purpose development research, brain science, interviews with “purpose exemplars,” and practices from native wayfinding traditions.
The Project Wayfinder Journey Track
(c) Project Wayfinder
- Every Bennett Day learner connects with an advisor upon admission.
- Your advisor visits your home prior to the school year to talk about your goals and pathway.
- Your advisor meets with your family to discuss how to best personalize your learning.
- Advisory class meets as a group every day to help you continually rethink and redesign your pathway.
- You meet with your advisor one-on-one every three weeks (as well as at the end of each year) to talk about your progress and plan.
- Starting in 10th grade, you, your advisor, and the college counselor meet regularly to discuss your post-Bennett Day plans
- Learning Support
- Community Development
- Family Partnerships
- Social-Emotional Development
Advisory is the Link Between:
- College Counseling
- Support Services