Deep Dive Seminars
How Seminars Work
- In the winter prior to a school year, the faculty team assesses the strengths and needs of students.
- Faculty meet with students to talk about their collective interests and passions.
- Faculty and students co-design a year of seminars on a wide range of topics that develop core skills and knowledge while simultaneously appealing to students’ collective interests.
Some courses that would make up a given year of seminars might include topics such as:
- Hamliton: A History and A Performance
- The Science of Good Music
- The Sociology of Modern Media and Technology
- App Design Using Python
- Forensic Science
- A World History of Terrorism and Counterterrorism
- The Financially Prepared Professional
- Digital Photography
- The Philosophy and Math of Paradox and Infinity
- The History and Science of Film Production
- Writing for the Stage and Screen
- Understanding Big Data
- Becoming an Artist/Entrepreneur
- Mathematics for Machine Learning: Multivariable Calculus
- Journalism in an Era of Fake News