Bennett Day School’s goal is to build a top-tier independent school with passionate and highly-dedicated team members that strive for excellence. Our current openings are listed below. Please review and select any positions in which you are interested in applying for to be directed to the online application process. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute or Apprentice Teacher Position
Apprentice Teacher Position
Substitute Teacher Position
Bennett Day School is a progressive independent day school looking for passionate educators with innovative spirit and rich background in early childhood, primary classroom, and school experience. We are a new type of independent school; unabashed believers in the values of progressive education, we put students at the center of the process of learning.
The substitute teacher positions are for candidates eager to participate in and learn through the development of a new academic program. The ideal candidate would have a flexible schedule that allows for pre-scheduled dates as well as day-of requested dates. Substitute teachers help support classroom learning and school culture. Bennett Day School fosters a collaborative work environment where a substitute will support an authentic learning place for all students.
- Experience in early childhood and/or elementary classrooms
- Creative spirit
- Collaborative mindset; adept at working with teams and open to new ideas
- Experience with technology use and applications
- Education Background: a Bachelor’s degree or working towards a degree is preferred
- Early childhood and elementary coursework required
- Physical strength to independently lift 10-15 lbs
- Fluency in written and oral English language.
- Ability to oversee and ensure the safety of children in and out of the classroom
- Direct classroom work with children ages 4 to 7 years old
- Work collaboratively with lead teacher in all aspects of classroom life
- Recess and gross motor play supervision
- Support and model positive discipline
- Support family style eating
- Early Childhood Campus Possibilities:
- M – Th: Full day 7:45 – 2:45, Half day 7:45 – 11:30, AfterCare until 5:30
- F: Full day 7:45-12:15, AfterCare until 5:30
- Flagship Campus Possibilities:
- M – Th: Full day 7:15 – 3:15, Half day 7:15 – 12:45, AfterCare until 6:00
- F: Full day 7:15-12:45, AfterCare until 6:00
- Early Childhood Campus Possibilities:
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and admissions team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels. This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. You should be prepared to enter a fast-paced work environment.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Compile access information and passwords needed to share with PR resources serving on our behalf
- Assist in developing a virtual campus tour
- Work with third party PR team to manage a robust content calendar that will includes blogs, special events, press, and publicity
- Help distribute marketing materials and organize marketing events
- Get to know and manage and update Hubspot (CRM)
- Research parent ambassador programs and identify a strong model
- Research potential local/target demographic partnerships
- From time to time, shadow and support the marketing team and CEO at various meetings and events
- Take photos for printed marketing materials and web design
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com wi
Admissions Assistant (Short term)
We are seeking a candidate with an education admissions background and/or transferable skills who has a passion for education! Transferable experience may include teaching, sales, or other school related jobs and a passion for helping people. This position is a Maternity Leave Fulfillment outside the classroom in our Admissions Department.
The Maternity Leave Candidate works under the direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions with dotted line accountability to the Principal and CAO of Bennett Day School. He/She will ensure the use of best practices, meet Bennett Day School family communication standards and follow compliance requirements to assist the Assistant Director of Admissions in ensuring a successful admissions process and season.
- An undergraduate degree (and at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience are required)
- Comfort level in working with and navigating an online portal
- An appreciation for a commitment to academic and personal excellence and Bennett Day School values are essential
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with a diverse family population
- Ability and desire to make and take phone calls to and from prospective families
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in manner, dress and conduct as a representative of Bennett Day School
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the management of the admissions process for students PreKindergarten through 4th grade:
- Developing Admissions Representative skills through initial and ongoing training
- Maintaining both physical and online student records
- Coordinating Parent/Guardian Interviews
- Coordinating Information Sessions/private tours
- Assisting with evening and weekend events
- Interfacing with parents to resolve concerns that may arise
- Building community with prospective families
- Helping drive enrollment
- Gathering and Reporting statistical data
How to Apply: If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org wi
Director of Friends of Bennett Day School
Director of Friends of Bennett Day School (Volunteer)
The Friends of Bennett Day School 501(c)(3) (“FoBDS”) is looking for a founding Director to develop and oversee best practices and procedures for this new Illinois charitable organization. This position is an unpaid volunteer position at onset, but with the potential to build the infrastructure and support required for paid staffing in this role and its supporting functions. We are looking for organized and motivated self-starters with the flexibility to build and create with us.
The mission of FoBDS is to provide grant and scholarship assistance to families at Bennett Day School so that their children can pursue an education in a collaborative culture that nurtures their innate sense of inquiry and curiosity. Ultimately, these efforts enable a more diverse population of students to become part of the community at Bennett Day School.
Summary: The Director is the new senior leader of FoBDS who will report directly to the President of the Board of The Friends of Bennett Day School (currently a three-person board), and who will work in close coordination with the administration and parents at Bennett Day School. As a new organization, the Director will have the opportunity to identify and attract additional board members. Coordinating board meetings and board communications will also be part of the role, as well as working with the board to determine the strategic plan.
The Director will build and leverage relationships to cultivate a donor base to support funding for grants and scholarships to attend Bennett Day. Donors can come from various sources such as individuals, corporations, foundations and charitable organizations, all of which will need to be nurtured. The Director will coordinate contributions, ensure compliance with any rules and regulations, and prepare the appropriate documentation. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail will be required to be successful. Additionally, creating and managing communications, and attending various meetings will be part of the role.
Work schedules are flexible and can be customized to the availability of the applicant. It is estimated that this position would require at least five hours per week at onset.
Overall, what you have done is more important than the length of time you have done it. Being able to set the goals for the FoBDS and accomplish those goals takes center stage.
About Us: Bennett Day School is a PreK through 12th grade progressive, independent school organization in Chicago inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, where students and teachers construct learning together. Learning is documented in a digital portfolio of student work utilized to personalize education. Families and world-class faculty are passionate school ambassadors. Nominated for a 2017 Chicago Innovation Award, Bennett Day School built its flagship campus in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago in a vibrant urban setting to utilize the city as an extension of our classrooms and labs.
Bennett Day harnesses its school as a laboratory to develop new educational materials and technologies that raise the bar at large for our educational expectations. A member of Conscious Capitalism, Bennett Day is a tax-paying social enterprise backed by the Code Family Foundation, Wintrust, Chicago ArchAngels, Chicago Capital Partners and numerous others with a passion to shape school as it was once meant to be, and now needs to become, to prepare our children for the next century.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “FoBDS Director” in the subject.
Bennett Day School is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital, or veteran status; disability; or any other legally protected status. Equal access to the hiring process, services, and employment is available to all persons.